10 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Refund
- Pay down credit card debt. Start with the card with the highest interest rate. Or pay off the whole amount!
- Pay off student loans. Lump sums toward you student loans can save tons in interest down the line.
- Build up an emergency fund. Whether it’s your first $1000 in savings or building towards 3 to 6 months in living expenses, a refund deposit is a nice start.
- Invest in a retirement plan. Put simply, saving for retirement is the best path toward long-term financial stability.
- Invest in an idea. Start your own small business, invest in a hobby or a friend’s endeavor on a crowdfunding campaign.
- Be good to your car. Use your refund to fund expensive, but necessary, repairs to your car.
- Support a worthy cause. Donate funds to an organization that can positively impact your community and beyond.
- Travel. Explore! Take a trip to a new city in the US or find a deal on an international flight.
- Experience something new. Do something you never would normally do like skydiving or race car driving for a day.
- Take a class or workshop. Want a promotion this year or looking to change jobs? Pick a new skill that you can list on your resume.
The possibilities are endless but always remember to budget and plan!
by Publisher 21 Feb 2017